There are a few things that I'm fairly confident about.
1) I'm a good person, a caring person. The atheists attacking me do not know me and have never sat down over some coffee or a beer to know this. They would like me if we did. I know this. We have a great deal in common too. It's easy to dehumanize someone whom you have never met.
2) I try not to sweat the small stuff, and it's mostly small stuff. My age gives me this perspective.
3) I've faced bigger challenges and survived, much bigger.
4) Bad press is still good press. That goes for Hollywood and it goes here as well.
5) People forget and move on eventually. Time is on my side. It's something to talk about that will die down soon enough. Then in a few weeks they'll find someone else to vilify. It's what people do. We set the boundaries for the people we want to include in our in-grouping by excluding others.
6) The largely confrontational activist type of atheism at Freethought Blogs is not representational of atheism among most academics. This is not to say it isn't needed, because it is, very much so. It's just not representational of academic atheists.
7) Most atheists and most Christians aren't even aware of our dispute, and most of those who have heard don't give a damn. After all, it doesn't affect their lives one bit.
8) Some Freethought Bloggers have an exaggerated sense of their own importance in the over-all scheme of things. It's easy to think this since people choose to believe what they prefer is true. But I know enough to know that I'm not important much at all.
9) Most of us use words as weapons (and I'm no exception). We construct arguments against others just because we don't like them. Sometimes our disputes are merely saying "I don't like you," with no real substance at all. When we see ignorance then we can be pretty sure that's what's going on.
10) I have plenty of friends but no personal atheist friends to hang out with where I live. I am not part of any atheist organization. Nor do I have any institutional support. I have gone it alone from the time I rejected Christianity until now. So the atheists attacking me cannot do me any harm. They can only harm our combined effectiveness.